1. Don't be a Dick
2. Please do not use the term "LFT" or "LFG" in any guild chat. Either use the term "Willing to help" (Abbreviations don't count, don't be lazy) or form a team and offer spots to the Guild members. This helps create teams and keep an active Guild while reducing spam in our Guild chat. We want players and are trying to create leaders, not support beggers. If you are incapable or unwilling to show ANY leadership, please use the games group finder tool so we don't have to hear you beg.
3. To attain the rank of Lance Corporal or Higher you MUST register with our website [unknownheroes.net]. If a member wants to be eligible for the rank of Sergeant, they use our Voice Chat Server with some regularity, as well as show a definite ability to encourage Teamwork and Loyalty among the Guild membership while enhancing activity at all ranks.
4. "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" Policy - No discussion of, but no limited to, Voice server platform [Mumble, Teamspeak, Vent, Skype, Etc...], and/or login ID's for other games and/or platforms which we do not have a guild charter in. This prevents conflicts of interests as well as keeps our guild from becoming a possible platform for people to recruit our members from within our own ranks. This rule is strictly enforced, and any violation of it is considered "Reason for removal" from our guild.
5. If a member quits or is remvoed from the Guild they are forced to start from Private again to re-attain their standing rank. Yes this means you too! (You are not special, we don't care what your mother told you.)
6. When you pull new characters into the Guild the character(s) ranks are according to the last known rank YOU were at. (Please email the GM or contact an Officer when you bring new character(s) in to help hasten this process)
7. Players are NOT allowed to be in vent with Unguilded character(s). If a player want's to be in vent, the character they are playing MUST be in the Guild. There will only be 1 warning. (See #4 for clarification on our Don't ask, Don't Tell" policy)
There is no alt limit at the current time. Feel free to pull as many characters into the Guild as you desire.
If you are a registered member and the GM or a Council Member is not online at the time, please send an in-game mail to Ddamu (Republic), Ur'issee (Empire), or Dantenious (Exile) from the new character with the email address & year of birth from your application to receive your member note & rank. If you cannot, for some reason, use in-game mail, send a private message here on the guild site (Ddamu: Republic, The Mighty Eyria: Empire, KrayVinDark: Exiles) with the new character(s) name and faction/Game and we will get them updated as soon as possible.
As we in this Guild understand all people enjoy playing in different ways, there are things that can yield ignorance. PowerLeveling & Farming are associated with, but do not always encompass each other. Below are some terms you should familiarize yourself with.
Farming: This practice is acceptable when used for badges, codex, accolades for your characters or the benefit of the Guild as a whole, ask administration for further details on this. The only thing we ask is that if you farm please keep it to yourself, do not use Guild Resources to facilitate these efforts. We understand that farming is an enjoyable practice for many of you and we are not here to take that away but hope that we can keep it away from new members so as not to breed ignorance, lack of leadership skills or speed up burnout among Guild members. This directly effects short and long term roster turnover and our goal is to keep it from effecting roster health in a negative way.
Powerleveling: The conspiritorial act (2 Players) of leveling at an un-natural or advanced rate as compared to other players. This is tightly associated with Farming, due to their association with each other they can be blurred. Open PowerLeveling itself is a distasteful public act, that will not be tolerated here. As per our FarmingPolicy if a player decides to follow this path of enjoyment please keep it to yourself. Do not use Guild resources to incite this act in other players as it breeds ignorance and doesn't instill any team building or leadership skills. If you know of members that are utilizing guild resources to incite such actions in other members please alert leadership so we can ask these individuals to keep it to
themselves. We won't ask twice.
Leeching: This is not tolerated at all. If a player refuses to help during teams please alert leadership. These types of players are cancer and we will remove them as fast as we find them. By removing them you will enjoy playing with tons of wonderful players that wish to enjoy the game as you do.
Team delegation is not open for Administrative interpretation. If you have a problem with a persons leadership style, objectives or ability you always have the option to leave their team. Leadership will never tell a person how to run their team. If you don't like what you see... you don't have to stay on thier team. Exercise your rights as a player and simply leave if you don't like something, leadership will not make your decisions for you, or force another player to make you happy. (Call your mother for that.)
If a player has a dispute with another player they should take it up with the player personally, but never over Guild Channels/Resources. If a players arguments spill over into the Guild Channels/Resources it will be deemed "Inappropriate" and punishable on a case by case basis. Continued arguments can lead to dismissal of all guild benefits and even removal of your toons from the guild. If your problems can't be solved in a civilized manner please contact leadership, we will try to facilitate a happy medium and resolve your issue. But ultimately we encourage you to use the Support System that has been set up in game if it escalates that far.
Ultimatley YOU decide how your teams are run, and what you are willing to put up from other players when not running them. This guild or its administration refuses to play "Nanny" and we expect our members to learn how to handle their own personal issues themselves.
Conduct is taken seriously here. The founders here are veteran MMORG players who wish to help you learn the basics and eventually graduate to veteran players yourself. If you act like a fool you will simply be removed (See Rule #1). Arguing in public formats, channels or instigating drama for the sake of amusement will simply not be tolerated.
Public "Flaming" in forums or public channels, e-mail harassment, social network harassment, private smsmessages (texts) or unwanted phone calls to members will not be tolerated either, this is usually considered stalking and comes with real life repercussions. Guild administration will help provide useful information tolocal authorities of members' IP addresses, phone numbers and e-mails to solidify a case against you if you are ever suspected of stalking or harassing another member in real life. This also goes for ex-members, or any player that admins have access to. It's childish, don't do it.
Harassment makes YOU look like a fool, DON'T DO IT!!! We strive for excellence and it helps tremendously when we get new players willing to put a good foot forward, be an example, not an exception.
Once a player is promoted to Lieutenant or Higher in our Guild they are considered "Vested" [this means you have renounced all affiliations with other guilds/games/affiliations and this guild is your primary gaming focus]
***Vested Member Definition***
Vested members are members who have put UH before all affiliations with other games, guilds or factions other than the one that this guild supports. This is not to say that they cannot play other games, we're all gamers, but Unknown Heroes must come first. During thier tenure as an officer here it is expected that they uphold the tenants, values and ethics of thier post and be an example of loyalty, activity and leadership. Vestment is our way of preventing conflicts of interest from rival guilds as well as acts as a preventative tool against possible infiltration & corruption of our policies, procedures & values from external forces either directly or indirectly. If any Officer who decides they want to become a part of another guild or organization should alert the GM immeadiatly so their vestment can be revoked. Once this is done, the Officer will be given a rank no higher than that of Captain or below so as to ensure no security risk has or will happen in the future. Any deviation from this vestment policy will be considered either (A) Treason or (B.) Sedition, and will be met with immeadiate rank reduction or removal from the guild to protect our interests.
Firewalling is a term we used to detail keeping current members from possibly or deliberately harming the Guilds stability and security. Such action includes the immediate loss of Guild Resources/Privileges/Rank. During this period of Firewalling your toons will NOT be removed unless there is reasonable doubt where yourloyalties lay. Your rank may be reduced to a Cadet while under investigation for obvious reasons, but will be reinstated if found innocent of charges or accusations. While a member is "Firewalled" an investigation is done to ascertain their loyalty.
If considered to be a threat to Guild security and stability, said firewalled member will be forcibly removed from the Guild due to issues discovered during the investigation. We in leadership understand that this is not comfortable and we hate doing it, but it is nessecary to ensure that our officer core doesn't become corrupt.
Last Edited 10/11/2014 (Edited to account for Wildstar guild and split leadership)