Unknown Heroes and Anonymous Champions are groups that are constantly searching for new recruits from all over SWTOR and Rift. Game mechanics, team building skills and leadership are staples of our members. We have the highest expectations for excellence on a daily basis. While detesting "power leveling" we level quicker than most guilds without worrying about it. Our focus is to find, train and retain the best players in SWTOR and Rift by actually playing WITH them. The policies you will read below are the standards and boundaries that will help form generations of new players and give them the ability to help continue this perpetual recruiting drive.
Policies and Procedures for Unknown Heroes and Anonymous Champions...
Guild Rank Structure:
Commander (ToR) /General (Rift):
Creates and Enforces Policy
Colonel (ToR/Rift): (2 Term Limit Max / 1 Term = 6 months)
***Vested*** Hand Selected. Administrative Liaison to the Commander. This person’s job is to work in concert with the Commander to help determine the most advantageous ways to help find, train and retain the finest players in the game. They create and coordinate events as well as manage daily Guild affairs while being responsible for the actions of the Officers underneath them. Only the Commander can reverse this persons order. (Maximum of 2 term limits allowed).
Captain (ToR)/Major (Rift):
***Vested*** Hand Selected. This rank is an administrative liaison to the Commander and the Colonel(s) of the Guild. Their job is to be the voice of experience and guide & support the current Colonel(s) with the experience gained as a previous Colonel. They also retain the same rights, privileges & duties as Lieutenants do. (This rank is only granted after 1 term of being the Colonel).
***Vested*** Hand Selected. This rank is an administrative liason to the Commander & Colonel(s) of the Guild. They work in concert with the guilds best interests at all times. They are also to enforce policy on Sergeants & below at all times as well as oversee the morale and wefare of those they outrank at all times.
Has completed all 4 Basic Class Types & have those toons in the guild. "Eligible" for the rank of Lieutenant. (New recruits that bring in thier basic 4 must wait 90 days before eligibile for this rank.)
Is a regular member of guild Operations (ToR Raids). Must be registered with our website. Character specific rank.
Lance Corproal (ToR/Rift):
Ability to invite new members to the guild. Has Registered with our website.
No responsibilities must be able to follow our basic rules.
**All Rift ranks not listed will be on a case by case basis dependent on the in-game points system**
***Vested Member Definition***
Vested members are members who have renounced all affiliations with other guilds. This is not to say that they cannot play other games, but I do ask that this guild come first. During thier tenure as an officer here it is expected that they uphold the tenants, values and ethics of thier post and be an example of loyalty, activity and leadership. Vestment is our way of preventing conflicts of interest from rival guilds as well as acts as a preventative tool against possible infiltration & corruption of our policies, procedures & values from external forces either directly or indirectly. If any Officer who decides they want to become a part of another guild or organization, they should alert the GM immeadiatly so their rank can be revoked. Once this is done, the Officer will be given a rank no higher than that of Captain or below so as to ensure no security risk has or will happen in the future. Any deviation from this vestment policy will be considered either (A) Treason or (B.) Sedition, and will be met with immeadiate rank reduction or removal from the guild to protect our interests. (If any Vested member joins another guild before alerting the GM they can be removed to prevent future possible security issues pertaining to conflicts of interest.)
If any member of this guild has knowlage of any Guild Officer violating the above stated vestment policy they are obligated to alert the GM immeadiatly.
If a member neglects to alert the GM to possible violations of our vestement policy they can be found as a co-conspirator(s) in the Officer(s) activities that may have breached the vestment policy.
The identity of any person(s) that brings information reguarding the violation of our vestment policy, will be protected and never revealed as the source in the investigative process unless given permission by said person.
The GM reserves the right to reveal the identity of the person(s) who brought the information forward if the person accusing the violation is suspected of working in concert, either directly or indirectly, to undermine the security, stability and/or welfare of the guild, its members or it's logistical advantages pertaining to the political landscape reguarding the guilds reputation either in or out of game.
Must be able to follow our basic rules.
Currently there are only 3 things that makes a player ineligible to join our Guild. They are the following...
1. No administrator of another Guild is eligible to join our ranks.
A. Persons that own a "Personal Storage Guild" (A place to hold materials rather than members) that have no other members than their own characters, and that are not accepting or openly recruiting are still eligible to join our ranks.
2. Officers of other guilds are not eligible to join our ranks unless they file a personal petition to this guilds administrator and are approved. This is handled on a case by case basis.
3. If a players has been removed for any "breach of policy", Players with a known history of creating dischord in other guilds, Players that have openly maligned this Guild, it's members or it's leadership in any way.
1. Promotions: These are a wonderful event. These can only be handed out by the Acting Guild Master and Officers.
2. Meritorious Promotions: These can be handed out meritoriously at the Guild Masters Discretion. They are not bound by any other Officers approval. These are rare, but can happen. The job is yours until you're dead or someone better comes
3. Field Promotions: These are events that are sudden and are given during times of Guild Duress. If you got this you did something extra ordinary. Congratulations if this happens to you, it means you cared enough to be there in the guilds time of need and you went the extra mile.
1. Demotions are an unfortunate but are sometimes a nessecary fact of guild membership. Such things can happen for a multitude of reasons. All Demotions will be recorded in your Guild Record.
A. Involuntary Demotions
3. Breach of Policy
5. Failure to Carry out Orders
6. Does not meet the minimum activity requirements
B. Voluntary Demotions
1. Any Voluntary demotion will immediately be considered for the next lowest possible rank
2. Any member that opts for a voluntary demotion from an officer role they will still be considered "Vested" and expected to follow the officer code of conduct or they will be forcibly removed from the Guild.
1. The Current Kick Policy is 30 Days for Standard Members and 120 days for Advanced Members. Administration reserves the right to remove characters forcibly so those spots can go to new potentially more motivated & active members to enjoy. If your toon gets kicked for being offline they are welcome back when you get online by contacting any known officer. (If you are going to be offline for more than the above mentioned period, please let the GM know so as to prevent your characters from being removed while you go offline for extended periods.)
A. If any of your characters get removed it's up to leadership on whether or not your toons get reinstated at the last known rank. If you didn't alert the GM you may not have the rank reinstated.
2. Kicks are something we strive not to do. If the Guild has to kick you, we have failed you. For the good of the Guilds morale this is sometimes a nessecary evil and we will do it if we have to. We will not allow one bad apple to ruin the
Failure to Obey a Direct Order
Does not meet the minimum activity requirements
Causing Drama (In or out of Guild, this includes SWTOR, Rift, or Other Private Guild forums or any other form of communication including, but not limited to, phone calls, texts or e-mails)
Breach of policy, Players with a known history of creating dischord in other guilds, Players that have openly maligned this Guild, it's members or it's leadership in any way
1. Don't be a Dick
2. Please do not use the term "LFT" or "LFG" in any guild chat. Either use the term "Willing to help" (Abbreviations don't count, don't be lazy) or form a team and offer spots to the Guild members. This helps create teams and keep an active Guild while reducing spam in our Guild chat. We want players and are trying to create leaders, not support beggers. If you are incapable or unwilling to show ANY leadership, please use the games group finder tool so we don't have to hear you beg.
3. To attain the rank of Lance Corporal or Higher you MUST register with our website [unknownheroes.net]. If a member wants to be eligible for the rank of Sergeant, they use our Voice Chat Server with some regularity, as well as show a definite ability to encourage Teamwork and Loyalty among the Guild membership while enhancing activity at all ranks.
4. "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" Policy - No discussion of, but no limited to, Voice server platform [Mumble, Teamspeak, Vent, Skype, Etc...], and/or login ID's for other games and/or platforms which we do not have a guild charter in. This prevents conflicts of interests as well as keeps our guild from becoming a possible platform for people to recruit our members from within our own ranks. This rule is strictly enforced, and any violation of it is considered "Reason for removal" from our guild.
5. If a member quits or is remvoed from the Guild they are forced to start from Private again to re-attain their standing rank. Yes this means you too! (You are not special, we don't care what your mother told you.)
6. When you pull new characters into the Guild the character(s) ranks are according to the last known rank YOU were at. (Please email the GM or contact an Officer when you bring new character(s) in to help hasten this process)
7. Players are NOT allowed to be in vent with Unguilded character(s). If a player want's to be in vent, the character they are playing MUST be in the Guild. There will only be 1 warning. (See #4 for clarification on our Don't ask, Don't Tell" policy)
There is no alt limit at the current time. Feel free to pull as many characters into the Guild as you desire.
ToR: If you are a registered member and the GM is not online at the time, please send an in-game mail to Dantenious (Republic) or Brimm'stone (Empire) from the new character with the email address & year of birth from your application to receive your member note & rank. If you cannot, for some reason, use in-game mail, send me a private message here on the guild site with the new character(s) name and faction and I will get them updated as soon as possible.
Rift: If you are a registered member, please use the guild finder tool in-game and include the email address & year of birth from your application and your Officer note & rank will be adjusted as soon as your new character is found on the roster.
1. As members of this guild we expect that a teamwork oriented mindset be a part of this guild. As such, no non Guild affiliated logos, banners, icons, avatars or other forums of propaganda is allowed in the forums. If your login reflects other guilds your avatar will be banned until it is affirmed to have been changed. This helps to create a culture of loyalty and cuts down on segregation and possible undermining of authority due to other affiliations or conflicts of interests you or others may already have.
2. No discussion of other guilds in our forums (Please see our "Don't ask, Don't tell" policy for clarification)
3. No pornographic or lewd images, videos or direct links to such items are allowed in any post or avatar, corrispondance, banner or anything visible to other members
4. Cursing is not against the rules but being utterly raunchy will not be tolerated. If your posts are seen or interpreted as being raunchy to the point of inciting such action in other members will lead to a loss of forums access.
Voice Chat is a useful tool and we encourage it in all members but not using it will not prevent a member from joining our Guild.
While in our Guilds Voice Chat Server you are expected to be playing on toons that are in our Guilds. If at any time you are unable to get new toons into the Guild for any reason feel free to continue playing but please alert Officers or members that come into Ventrilo immediately of your dilemma so they can help you get your toons into the Guild at the earliest possible time (Leadership considers this YOUR responsibility, not theirs, if you get in trouble for it, it is your own fault). Other games or unaffiliated toons are not allowed, so please log out if you want to play on a non affiliated toon. This rule is non negotiable and is a bannable offense if administration has to repeat it to you more than once.
Usage of Voice Chat is a privilege, and as such if you are caught recruiting folks to other Guilds, or asking Current Guild members to go to another Voice server of any type, or are suspected of trying to undermine administrative efforts through the utilization of this Guilds Resources for progression or personal gain of non guild toons, you can and will be **Firewalled**(see firewalling below, also referance our Don't ask, Don't Tell Policy for clarification) while we substantiate such possible action. If it is verified that you were doing such actions you will be forcibly removed from Voice Chat, Website and the Guild permanently for these actions.
Vent Privacy Info:
In the event someone other than yourself is suspected of using your login information, your vent login & website access will be placed on hold & your toons can be removed from the guild or reduced to the lowest rank possible until a resolution for the situation has occured. Sharing your personal login information puts you and the members associated with this guild at great personal risk of having thier personal information & guild aquisitions stolen. Also this type of violation either voluntary or involuntary comprimises this guilds internal security and will not be tolerated. Any comments, actions, accusations or infractions that happen due to you sharing or mishandling your account info you are responsible for. Please keep tight control over your login information & act accordingly
Please read carefully. Our trading policy is simple, "NO TRADING IN GUILD CHAT". If someone links something into guild chat, feel free to send them a Whisper & keep it in Whispers. Do not begin bartering in guild chat as that will be seen as a blatant violation to guild trading and chat policies. Guild chat is for "Logistics and Information" only (And some random goodness..lol), the administration refuses to allow it to turn into an underground black market and spammed out trade chat channel. Please read below for more detailed information...
1. No Trading or transferring of skills, credits or items is acceptable over Guild Channels. Use the Galactic Market or take it to whispers like everyone else. Members should feel glad to help one another without charging them a fee in our guild. If caught trading in guild chat you will be summarily warned and possibly removed from the Guild, Voice Chat & Website if it continues to happen. This is to reduce guild chat spam. Take trading for kills, credits or items to whispers, period. Link your items, then take it to tells, it's that simple. This should not impeded your ability to enjoy the game in any way, and prevents angering those who don't wish to see it or consider trade chat spam.
2. If you have something that you desire to show off or trade, please feel free to Link it in Guild chat, but DO NOT INCITE a trade in guild chat. ANY "perceived" trading or inciting a trade in guild chat will be dealt with harshly and swiftly. If a guild member likes what you linked, feel free to accept whispers from guild members and do all trades via whispers.
A. Any member found to be Price Gouging members via personal trades will be summarily disciplined. You should feel honored to be around your fellow guildmates so we EXPECT you to give them the best deal possible if you do trade with them. Remember, we EXPECT a "Guild First" attitude from our members, and want everyone to "Pay it forward" whenever possible.
Overall, it's real simple. Trading is fine, just keep it out of guild chat. Simple as that.
1. Do not ask for money, if you are too lazy to earn it, or unwilling to learn how to make it, it's best you quit this guild before you get kicked.
2. If caught using money, items or assistance given, privided or earned while in, or granted via any of our members to non-Guilded characters you will be removed from the Guild, your Voice Chat rights and your Website privileges will be removed. Administration sees this as treason and will remove you on the first occurance. Our guild is not here to help your non guilded characters, or other guilds advance, and will not be a platorm for thier advancement in any way.
Tabs will be tailored to help as many guild members as possible while ensuring maximum security of expensive and rare items. Guild Repairs will be available to Sargeants and Above. The guild bank permissions will be updated to reflect the guilds needs from time to time as needed.
Current Guild Tab permissions:
Private - Can Donate Items & currency. Can't withdraw anything.
Lance Corporal - Can Donate Items & currency. Can withdraw 10 items per week (ToR) or 1 stack per day (Rift). Can't withdraw Credits.
Sargeant - Can Donate Items & Currency. Can withdraw 15 Items per week (ToR) or 3 items per day (Rift). Can't withdraw credits. Allowed 5k for Repairs (ToR) or 1 plat for Soul Mend (Rift).
Lieutenant - Can Donate Items & Credits. Can Withdraw 20 Items per week (ToR) or 4 per day (Rift). Can't withdraw Credits. Allowed 10k for Repairs (ToR) or 2 Plat for Soul Mend (Rift).
**All non-listed Rift Ranks scale accordingly by 1 item withdrawl and/or 50 gold Soul Mend**
As we in this Guild understand all people enjoy playing in different ways, there are things that can yield ignorance. PowerLeveling & Farming are associated with, but do not always encompass each other. Below are some terms you should familiarize yourself with.
Farming: This practice is acceptable when used for badges, codex, accolades for your characters or the benefit of the Guild as a whole, ask administration for further details on this. The only thing we ask is that if you farm please keep it to yourself, do not use Guild Resources to facilitate these efforts. We understand that farming is an enjoyable practice for many of you and we are not here to take that away but hope that we can keep it away from new members so as not to breed ignorance, lack of leadership skills or speed up burnout among Guild members. This directly effects short and long term roster turnover and our goal is to keep it from effecting roster health in a negative way.
Powerleveling: The conspiritorial act (2 Players) of leveling at an un-natural or advanced rate as compared to other players. This is tightly associated with Farming, due to their association with each other they can be blurred. Open PowerLeveling itself is a distasteful public act, that will not be tolerated here. As per our FarmingPolicy if a player decides to follow this path of enjoyment please keep it to yourself. Do not use Guild resources to incite this act in other players as it breeds ignorance and doesn't instill any team building or leadership skills. If you know of members that are utilizing guild resources to incite such actions in other members please alert leadership so we can ask these individuals to keep it to
themselves. We won't ask twice.
Leeching: This is not tolerated at all. If a player refuses to help during teams please alert leadership. These types of players are cancer and we will remove them as fast as we find them. By removing them you will enjoy playing with tons of wonderful players that wish to enjoy the game as you do.
Team delegation is not open for Administrative interpretation. If you have a problem with a persons leadership style, objectives or ability you always have the option to leave their team. Leadership will never tell a person how to run their team. If you don't like what you see... you don't have to stay on thier team. Exercise your rights as a player and simply leave if you don't like something, leadership will not make your decisions for you, or force another player to make you happy. (Call your mother for that.)
If a player has a dispute with another player they should take it up with the player personally, but never over Guild Channels/Resources. If a players arguments spill over into the Guild Channels/Resources it will be deemed "Inappropriate" and punishable on a case by case basis. Continued arguments can lead to dismissal of all guild benefits and even removal of your toons from the guild. If your problems can't be solved in a civilized manner please contact leadership, we will try to facilitate a happy medium and resolve your issue. But ultimately we encourage you to use the Support System that has been set up in game if it escalates that far.
Ultimatley YOU decide how your teams are run, and what you are willing to put up from other players when not running them. This guild or its administration refuses to play "Nanny" and we expect our members to learn how to handle their own personal issues themselves.
Conduct is taken seriously here. The founders here are veteran MMORG players who wish to help you learn the basics and eventually graduate to veteran players yourself. If you act like a fool you will simply be removed (See Rule #1). Arguing in public formats, channels or instigating drama for the sake of amusement will simply not be tolerated.
Public "Flaming" in forums or public channels, e-mail harassment, social network harassment, private smsmessages (texts) or unwanted phone calls to members will not be tolerated either, this is usually considered stalking and comes with real life repercussions. Guild administration will help provide useful information tolocal authorities of members' IP addresses, phone numbers and e-mails to solidify a case against you if you are ever suspected of stalking or harassing another member in real life. This also goes for ex-members, or any player that admins have access to. It's childish, don't do it.
Harassment makes YOU look like a fool, DON'T DO IT!!! We strive for excellence and it helps tremendously when we get new players willing to put a good foot forward, be an example, not an exception.
Once a player is promoted to Lieutenant or Higher in our Guild they are considered "Vested" [this means you have renounced all affiliations with other guilds/games/affiliations and this guild is your primary gaming focus]
***Vested Member Definition***
Vested members are members who have put UH before all affiliations with other games, guilds or factions other than the one that this guild supports. This is not to say that they cannot play other games, we're all gamers, but Unknown Heroes must come first. During thier tenure as an officer here it is expected that they uphold the tenants, values and ethics of thier post and be an example of loyalty, activity and leadership. Vestment is our way of preventing conflicts of interest from rival guilds as well as acts as a preventative tool against possible infiltration & corruption of our policies, procedures & values from external forces either directly or indirectly. If any Officer who decides they want to become a part of another guild or organization should alert the GM immeadiatly so their vestment can be revoked. Once this is done, the Officer will be given a rank no higher than that of Captain or below so as to ensure no security risk has or will happen in the future. Any deviation from this vestment policy will be considered either (A) Treason or (B.) Sedition, and will be met with immeadiate rank reduction or removal from the guild to protect our interests.
Firewalling is a term we used to detail keeping current members from possibly or deliberately harming the Guilds stability and security. Such action includes the immediate loss of Guild Resources/Privileges/Rank. During this period of Firewalling your toons will NOT be removed unless there is reasonable doubt where yourloyalties lay. Your rank may be reduced to a Cadet while under investigation for obvious reasons, but will be reinstated if found innocent of charges or accusations. While a member is "Firewalled" an investigation is done to ascertain their loyalty.
If considered to be a threat to Guild security and stability, said firewalled member will be forcibly removed from the Guild due to issues discovered during the investigation. We in leadership understand that this is not comfortable and we hate doing it, but it is nessecary to ensure that our officer core doesn't become corrupt.
Last Edited 7/4/2013 (Altered rank structure & guild vault listings to reflect Rift charter)